Sunday, April 27, 2008

Rogers City

This week-end, Nolan and I headed up to Rogers City for my cousin Ethan's confirmation and first communion. After logging in some major miles traveling the last two weeks, Daddy stayed home to relax and do work around the house (mostly work).

We took off on Saturday morning and after we had lunch, my mom, Nolan and I headed to the park (even though it was a bit windy/chilly). As you can see, he loved "driving". He also loved simply walking up and down the jungle gym and having us follow him.




On Saturday night, we hung out at Uncle Bill and Aunt Missy's (we were veggie chopper experts!). Uncle Denny and some friends joined us. Of course Nolan hammed it up a couple times, but he was really good, playing with the cousins and not climbing the stairs (hardly). He loved Uncle Denny (who wouldn't though?)...



At the luncheon following church, Nolan stuffed himself and ran around with some of the other kids.



Gasp! What?? A picture with Mommy AND Nolan?? Yes, it's true... =) A couple of them, in fact!




Nolan, Grandma & Ethan (who is "stealing Nolan's nose")



Hanging out on the swing/loveseat:



We took off yesterday afternoon so we could be home in time for Nolan to run around a little before bed time. Although Nolan wasn't awake for it all, I saw some pretty amazing things...starting with Iron Works near Onaway:



George Washington:




Soldier:




I love this boy...especially when he's sleeping on a car ride!!



I love this boy...a tiny bit less when he will only stop crying when he's playing his musical card (100x in a row!!!!)



There was a huge forest fire up near Grayling that destroyed 6 homes and burned a lot of acreage (sp??). They closed I-75 down too. Although reopened, I didn't realize the vastness of the fire until I drove up on it...





When we got home, Daddy surprised Nolan by putting together his wagon, a christmas gift from Grandma. As you can tell, he was just tickled!! What a wonderful homecoming...


3 Comments:

At 9:24 AM, Blogger Sara said...

I LOVE the first wagon picture, he's ready to be a big brother already!

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger davita said...

I didn't know there was a fire up by Grayling... that makes me unbelieveably sad :(

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger Britta said...

Wait until Nolan sees the desert beach we are making for him on our deck!!! Don't forget his swim suit. xoxo. See you soon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home