Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Alone Time

Last week, Phil was in Virginia to help assist with the Grand Re-Opening of a property. While he worked hard all week, I got some alone time with Nolan. The first day took some adjusting, but we soon got into a routine we could both handle. We went to the park almost every night, took a couple bike rides, put together his mini jungle gym, and ventured to Pinconning for cousin Kailyn's 1st birthday.

I have to say, sometimes this is a VERY GOOD alternative to going to the park (don't have to leave home). Thanks Jaime for finding it last year at a garage sale!!



It didn't take long for Nolan to figure out there's more than one way to go down a slide...



On Saturday, we went up to Pinconning to help celebrate Kailyn's 1st birthday. We both had so much fun, we didn't want to leave! Nolan played so well with Kailyn...



Cousin Landen had a bike that played music that needless to say, became Nolan's favorite toy the ENTIRE day. After several attempts at posting this via blogger, I finally got it up via youtube and I don't even care it's sideways at this point!



The weather's been so nice out that I've had Nolan in shorts already. Taking a cue from some other moms, I decided to buy (clothes) ahead for Nolan, starting last fall/winter. I scored some great deals on shorts and t-shirts when last summer's stuff went on clearance (we're talking less than $3/$4 for stuff at Carter's and Children's Place). Since I knew Nolan would be 18 months at the end of April, I bought 18 month shorts/t-shirts for the summer and 24 month stuff for this winter. I'm a LITTLE (ok, a lot) worried I might have to get all NEW stuff...the shorts that Nolan's wearing in the above pictures are 9 MONTH shorts!! Ha! Maybe I can save them for next year... =)

So, tomorrow marks the halfway mark in my pregnancy-20 weeks! So far, so good! I've had a couple moments that have been harder than the first pregnancy, but overall, I still consider myself fortunate. I can feel the baby move regularly and I'm really starting to show more and more. I guess that comes with having pretty much zero muscle tone in the abdomen, haha. I'm not gaining weight yet, but I experience that with Nolan too, so no cause for concern just yet. I have an ultrasound on Thursday to check out BW2 and see if we can figure out the sex. Look for a post then...

2 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger mommyjoymarie said...

I can't watch the videos right now because the boys are sleeping nearby, but that jungle gym looks fun! Just perfect for him!

 
At 5:15 PM, Blogger Mommy of Four said...

How funny! I keep heading over here to see if you've found out what you're having, and I finally resolved to ask you...just to see that you read my mind!! I can't wait until Thursday to see what's growin' inside mamma's belly!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home