Thursday, July 06, 2006

The Longest Day...

Not long after we got back from TC, we took off for Canton to spend the night at Jeff and Gretchen's so the boys could go golfing at 7:40am. Gretch and I slept in and hit Kohl's, where we found some awesome deals.

Later that afternoon, we all headed to Lake St. Clair to hang out with Jason, Jaime, Landen and Jason on their boat. We started at the pool area, but shortly after the boys and Gretchen ventured into the water, they vacated due to an "accident" that one of the kids had had. I've never seen a pool empty so quickly! We attempted to grill potatoes, hotdogs, and hamburgers, but didn't quite have to 'coal power' for everything so we had to forego the potatoes. After dinner, we headed out to the lake to watch the fireworks.
Landen was quite taken with Phil-I think it was because he related so well with him! I didn't get any good pics b/c the boat was in constant motion, but this was a cool pic anyways. After the show, Phil and I headed home to sleep in our own bed...

4 Comments:

At 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, you guys are quite the movers and shakers! Heh, heh, heh...just wait till the baby comes! It will be SO much harder to just pick up and "go"...trust me, a trip to the grocery store will be the highlight of your weekends for quite a while!

Jennie B.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I can only imagine...I see how much it takes for Jaime to get Landen ready to go somewhere-and those schedules! Babies really do have it made I'm tellin' ya...

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big babies require a lot of effort too you know - golf clubs, kayaks, life preservers, tennis rackets, ball gloves and bats, and....

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

Ok-there are way too many of you guys to start guessing who the last comment was...strangely, all my guesses are from Phil's side of the family! =) Identify yourself uncle big baby!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home