Cheri's Chigago Week-end
My friend Cheri is getting married next month in Mexico and since Sarah and I aren't able to attend, we decided that a girls' week-end in Chicago was in order. On Friday night, we all met at Susan's (Cheri's sister) in Valparaiso. On Saturday morning, we took the train into Chicago and walked to our hotel (researched, bid on, and booked by Sarah), dropped our bags and proceeded to make our way up Michigan Ave. The first thing I noticed was the tulips:



Cheri and Susan (can't tell they're sisters, huh?):

As we headed down the street, we heard someone rehearsing "One" by U2 an then noticed a stage set up on the river. Then we noticed a HUGE line...



Upon further inspection of the stage (and by asking someone in line), we found out that the stage was for a taping of the Ellen Degeneres Show later in the day. We stood in line for a while until we foudn out that they weren't seating until 12:30 and taping didn't start until 2 (it was only 10:15). We figured we could return around 2 and catch some of the taping...which we did!

The Guests were Robin Williams...

and 2 former Idols...Michael and ???



Can't even tell it was only in the 40's and VERY windy, huh? After the taping, we all got pedicures...fun!!

The girls at the beginning of the day:

And at Cheesecake Factory...yummy!!!

We also ate at the Webber Grill Restaurant (I"m drooling typing this), shopped EVERYwhere and went to Trader Joe's for some cool groceries.
Well, that's all for now...the week-end was very fun and extremely exhausting. I had sore muscles that I didn't even know I HAD (must be special preggo belly muscles)!!!


1 Comments:
Now Cheri is the one that is always getting lost right? Will she find her way to Mexico alright for the wedding? Beautiful Pics Amanda.
Post a Comment
<< Home