Tuesday, March 28, 2006

And baby makes three!!

Well, as some of you know, this November, our lives will change forever...we're going to be parents!! I'm pregnant!!

I went to the doctor last week for the confirmation and a ton of information. After confirming the pregnancy, it was determined that November 14 is my due date. For those of you who hunt, you know this is dangerously close to opening week-end of rifle season. I suppose I'm lucky that at this point, Phil only bow hunts!

I am about 7 weeks along and have my first ultrasound on April 25 when we'll be able to see our baby and hear it's heartbeat! It's amazing to think that there's a life being created as I go about day in and day out. I don't have morning sickness (yet, I'm told), or anything like that, save for some soreness (we're talking wear-a-sports-bra-to-bed-sore).

Phil and I couldn't be more excited to be parents. We've seen some of our friends become parents and can't wait to join the realm of parenthood. We appreciate all your prayers and thoughts-we are so blessed! Thank-you for being apart of our lives!

18 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Krista said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Phil and Amanda!!! What a HUGE blessing! Can't wait to hear more!
Tami and Chris Lakey
Ashleigh, Austin and Amy-Hui

 
At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurry up November!

Dad W

 
At 10:57 PM, Blogger Mommy of Four said...

YAY! YAY! YAY! WHen Dane got off the phone with Phil the other night, I asked him, "So, he didn't say Amanda's pregnant?" I knew it....hee hee....mother's instinct! We are SO excited for you! You're about to embark on a journey you'll never ever forget! Feel free to ask us questions if you want, and please don't be afraid of birth, based on our experience! I'll tell you what we tell everyone: WE ARE NOT NORMAL! That's awesome that you are not feeling sick yet...hopefully it will stay that way for you! You'll have to keep us posted (literally!) on how you're doing! YAY FOR BABY WHITSEL!

 
At 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, congratulations, you guys! I basically just heard in a matter of 5 minutes that 3 girls I know are pregnant. That is really weird... Anyway, congratulations, you're gonna make awesome parents!

Jamie

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Yeah!! Congrats!! I am so excited for you!
Love ya tons!
K

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger Emily said...

YIPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!! you are going to be a REAL cute prego woman!! I wish you were still working in the office so we could be part of the fun as well! :) AND I know that you and Phil will be GREAT parents!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Jodi said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!! How very exciting to have be starting this new chapter in your life. Wish you were here so we could watch the whole process!! Miss you alot here at SAU!!Congrats!!!You both will make wonderful parents!!!

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Amanda!!!! So excited for you guys and can't wait to read more :)
SAUBeth

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Amanda said...

Thank you all!! Can't wait to share everything (ok, not EVERYTHING!) with you. :)

 
At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh boy. This is terribly exciting. I love being an uncle... so I can only imagine how much more exciting it must be to be a parent.

Though, my aunts did point out over the weekend that a benefit to being an aunt/uncle or grandparent is that you can enjoy the kids and then ship them home with the parents for all the less-glamorous aspects.

But you and Phil will do a great job and will be in my prayers. Congrats!

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratualtions, Amanda. We miss having you here and wish you all the best. Jody Reynolds SAU

 
At 12:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!! I'm so excited for you guys! I'll be praying for a great pregnancy, healthy baby, and lots of wisdom for the next 20 years!

-Mandi

 
At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet sassy mulassy. congratulations! i would be happy to visit in november to see the wee lass or lad.
i'll praying for you Amanda - that your pregnancy will go smoothly and without complication.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Mommy of Four said...

Where'd your ticker go?

 
At 11:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I keep a blog listing pregnant bloggers and have added you to the list. Please let me know if you'd like to be removed or if I need to change any information.

http://thebabyregistry.blogspot.com.

Thanks!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

I don't know!! First I coldn't get it in the right spot, now it disappeared! I'll get it back though. Good luck tomorrow! :)

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger Mommy of Four said...

Thanks, Amanda! Your day will arrive before you know it! Tomorrow you'll be 40 weeks pregnant and wondering, "Where did time go? I swear I just found out I was pregnant yesterday!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home