DEEEEETROIT Basketball!!
Thanks to e-bay, we got to go see the Pistons dominate the Bucks at the Palace last night! We got tickets super-cheap ($18 each!) for game two of round one last week-end off of e-bay. Not too shabby! Phil and I were dog/house sitting for a co-worker, so after a mad dash to let the dogs out and clean the place so Jane didn't return
to a pit, we made our way south to meet Jason, Gratchen, and Jeff at Great Lakes Crossing for dinner before the game. Much to our dismay, almost as soon as we got onto 75, we came to a complete stop due to construction. Augh!! We ended up getting to the mall (food court) first and wolfing
down some food, meeting Jeff, Gretchen, and Jason, then taking off in Jeff's car to the Palace.We got in with 5 minutes to spare. They were giving away stretchy bracelets that lit up and thanks to Jason, I got two (one for the future Pistons fan). :) As we made way to our seats, we
noticed that the air was getting thinner and it was harder to breathe...I am truly surprised that we didn't all get nosebleeds! Our seats were in the VERY LAST row!! At least we didn't have to worry about standing up or
anyone throwing things at us (we being the best-behaved bunch of course). Truthfully though, we could still see everything that was going on, we didn't miss any plays b/c we had to squint or anything. After some breathing exercises, we managed to blow up the 'thunder sticks' provided and Phil got us all going with his rendition of Who's Line is it Anway?'s prop-improv. Throughout the whole game, we used the thunder sticks as props (think violin, sword, drumsticks). It was a blast to hang out with everyone. The Pistons led the whole game (although it was within two points a couple of times) and there were plenty of standout plays to keep us entertained. Even though the seats were waaaaaaaay up there, I'd buy them again in a heartbeat...the atmosphere and energy were awesome and it was worth every penny! I will be checking out e-bay for some tickets to round two for sure!If you haven't...check out the post below to see "baby Whitsel's" photographic debut! :)


1 Comments:
The game was on last night, and I thought of you...good to see you had a good time...I bet when climbing all the steps to the top you think you have reached the highest mountain in the world...the air is thinner up there in the last row I don't care what people say!
Post a Comment
<< Home