One actually IS the loneliest number...or...will work for friends
Lonely...I'm so lonely...Now I know what that annoying little squirrel was talking about in that (horrible) remake!
Before I begin my little tirade, I must point out that I know and realize that Phil has precious little control over his work schedule...Nonetheless...
I hate coming home from work most nights, having dinner (hey, I call a bowl of cereal dinner), and sitting (unmotivated to do much else) around the house watching tv or reading (or in this case, blogging). I wish the nights that we had dinner together outweighed the nights we didn't. I know that two nights, this is because of softball (Tuesday for me, Thursday for Phil), but it still stinks.
Lately it seems like every time I turn around, work is creeping into the week-ends. Part of it is "duty" (manager on duty), part of it is obligation (have tons of work to still do that didn't get done during the week), and part of it is pure determination on Phil's part to bust his butt to catch up, get ahead, or put out fires (figuratively, otherwise he's just call 911). This is both his curse and blessing. He's so dedicated and determined it's hard to separate work from home at times.
I wish it was easier to make friends...like add water and presto! We went through this in Grand Rapids, but then struck gold in Jackson with our small group. Now, it's deja vu Grand Rapids. I need friends!!!
I am loving living closer to family-especially since they're all (mostly) family we've never lived by or have been super-close with. I've gotten to know some of Phil's family a lot more and I love it! I'm homesick for TC and the friends there as well as Jackson...
So there...that's my rant. I'm done. Now will you please be my friend?! : ) Love you all-thanks for being part of my life!!


3 Comments:
we feel the same way up here! Hey, here's an idea...MOVE BACK HERE!!!!!
Or you could move to London and keep me company please :) I know 100% how you feel and I can't wait to move back to a place where I have real friends!
Come November, you'll be sooo busy and no longer lonely at all (in a very good way) so you might want to cherish this "me" time while you have it and make the most of it. ;)
What time is supper, we'll be there!
Post a Comment
<< Home