Home Sweet Home...
Not Clio, silly-Traverse City!! Sarah and Jeff are still visiting, so I headed up to TC for the week-end. Phil volunteered to deal Texas Hold'em for Rotary on Saturday and had to work a bit on Sunday, so it was the perfect opportunity for me to drive up for a couple days. Not to mention that it was still Cherry Festival. And Joe and Cindy (cousin) were in town from Minnesota. Saturday morning, I almost got to see Rob finish a road race downtown, but missed him, Brit, and her roommate by mere seconds.
I did catch Lisa's finish though! Good job Lisa!! =) After breakfast with Rob, Brit and her roommate, Rob took off to work on his boat and the girls headed downtown for the parade.
It was stinkin' hot and sunny,
but there was a nice breeze. We had two thoughts on the parade...why don't they allow candy and why didn't any of the floats squirt water!?!??! I have to say that Phil missed the Michigan Hummer and the band playing the fight song...and the hot rod Art Van, er, van.
Saturday afternoon, Rob, Mike and I went over to Aunt Katie and Uncle Mike's to hang out by the pool...and to visit family (of course). Joe and Cindy were there as well as the engaged Uncle Ivan and Val, Aunt Colly, Steffan and Lauren and Grandma Lois & Co. For dinner, Sarah, Jeff and I met her brother Scott and his wife Becky at the country club for dinner. It was delicious! Sarah made the right choice in ordering steak-they were tasty!! After dinner, we headed to the fireworks. I must say that sitting on the beach with Sarah/Jeff:
and Lisa/John:
was making me wish I wasn't the 5h wheel...I wanted someone to watch the fireworks with too!! Alas, Texas Hold'em and work beckoned...
The fireworks weren't all that memorable, but we did get a cute photo op, if I do say so myself!
After church on Sunday, I headed back to Aunt Katie and Uncle Mike's for some more pool time and caught up with Uncle Denny for a bit before he took off. Steffan, Lauren and I went to North Peak for lunch where I showed them how much a pregnant woman could eat in one sitting. Then we visited Heather at work (Express) where we proceeded to go through all the sale bins. Then it was time to go...back to my second home sweet home...


2 Comments:
It was good to see you, I don't know how you fit so much into your weekends. Oh yeah you haven't had the baby yet ;) Just kidding, you'll still stay busy I'm sure, but I'll bet you'll make a point of slowing down for a couple hours during those sacred nap times!
Good Job!!!!!!!!! Love you Mom
Post a Comment
<< Home