Monday, July 24, 2006

Worth Mentioning

Ever since I worked at the Record-Eagle in Traverse City, I've been interested in becoming a newspaper sales consultant (rep). And now I am!! =) I was offered (and accepted on the spot) a sales consultant position at the Flint Journal for The Community Newspapers (8 weekly papers we publish). I am so excited about this opportunity and the timing was perfect! I get to work with most of the same girls I started out as the assistant for and my territory is Clio and the surrounding areas. God sure knows what he's doing and I can't wait to see how things shape up. My first day was today and I'm looking forward to the rest of the week with Cassy (who I am replacing) before she leaves. It helps that we're friends and she's resigning to move to Florida so it's not a stressful transition....more to come I'm sure.

On the baby front, I am still feeling great, aside from tiredness. I can feel the little guy move all the time and on occasion, can watch my belly move when he kicks. I feel like I'm in my own world with him b/c no one knows when he kicks or moves besides me and I find myself drifting off to la-la land sometimes thinking about him. Phil can feel him move most times he checks now, and describes it as amazing and a little weird at the same time.

We visited Dad and Patti in Iowa this week-end...I will post more on that tonight, but for now, I'm off to try water aerobics!

3 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Hopefully, this sales job will be flexible so maybe you can bend your hours...or possibly work from home???? Are you selling advertising? Enjoy the movement, that's the only thing I miss about being pregnant. Just wait till he gets super strong and really whacks your bladder a good one.....panty liners will become your best friend!

Jennie Belden

 
At 12:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Amanda! This is great news and I couldn't be happier for you!

Leigh Ann

 
At 9:44 PM, Blogger katiemac said...

YAY! SO excited that you are a salesrep now. We get to "lunch" all the time ;)

Thanks for the fun day today and the blog suggestion.

Katie
><>

 

Post a Comment

<< Home