Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Iowa


So Phil and I went to visit Dad and Patti in Iowa this past week-end. As usual, it went by way too fast and we were soon on our way back to Clio, but we had fun all the same! We left Thursday after I got out of work. On Friday, we relaxed at their place for the day and for dinner, met Cally, Jeremiah and their daughter at Old Chicago for some pizza. Then we went home for some homemade icecream-yum!

On Saturday morning, we got up early (I'm talkin' 5:15 am early) to head out for some fishin'. Dad and Patti have a pontoon that they keep docked on the Mississippi River. We made our way out there and were on the water before the fish even woke up (the smart ones anyways). Dad caught the first fish (or two??), but then the race was on! I have to say that I caught two before Phil caught any, and that was only because I took a breakfast break and caught some rays reading. =) We spent the morning and early afternoon fishing and relaxing. In the end, I did more reading then fishing, but I didn't care the least! Nice fish, Phil... ...hey, where'd it go?? (look at the bottom left side of the pic) After fishing, we went home where Patti cooked us a delicious lunch/dinner (where I shamelessly ate like I was pregnant with quadruplets). After that, we let the meal digest for a while before heading back out the the boat for an evening cruise

and some night fishing.

Sunday morning brought church and brunch on the river at Muddy's, after which we took off for home. We always enjoy our time (however long or short) visiting and hate to leave (and not just because we have an 8.5 hour drive!)...back to reality though!

6 Comments:

At 10:03 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Where were you guys fishing/water cruising?

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Krista said...

Like...what body of water, I know it was in Iowa!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Mommy of Four said...

You're a cute preggo

 
At 8:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously, you are so beautiful! My friends Jen and Em LOVED meeting you and they are sad you live far away.

maybe when things slow down a bit in the fall, we can come out and see ya'll.

(That totally rhymed!)

love you!

Sherry

 
At 1:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoever took that first picture of the two of you is pretty good...looks like Phil has a red earring on his left ear! But, it's actually the back light of the car behind his head. (hehe) Nice pictures...really enjoy seeing them along with your comments. It's a "fun read"!
- Uncle Steve's sister- guess which one

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger katiemac said...

I'm pretty sure we work at the same place and I only saw you once today...what's up with that? You must visit me on the first floor when I am not upstairs :(

oh and I pick Brian Litrell. He is a nice straight boy...

crap, he's married.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home