Celebrity Sighting!
Ok, so it was more like the final result of stalking/begging, but I spent a majority of Saturday escorting Andrew Dan-Jumbo to and fro between Bishop airport, Perani Arena and even Applebee's. Andrew was a guest speaker at the Flint Journal's Women's Expo this year and I was lucky enough to be the one to pick him up, make sure he was where he needed to be, feed him, and return him in once piece to the airport. I have to say I have almost never been this nervous about anything before...I didn't want to get lost or not have anything to talk about or have him be a celeb jerk...but...I didn't have to worry b/c he was super super nice and I didn't get lost or make (too much of) an idiot of myself! After picking him up, we had three hours to kill so (bless her heart) Shelly suggested I take him to Applebee's for lunch (he hadn't had b-fast) to kill time and feed the poor guy. Then, I got to keep him company before he went on stage to speak.
After that, I escorted him upstairs where he proceeded to talk with and sign autographs for many many women (and a couple of pretty stand up dads/husbands who got autographs for daughters/wives). After that, a couple FJ employees got a few minutes with him for photos and then it was off to the airport. Whew-I was tired, but knew Andrew was exhausted. The day couldn't have been better and I'm so grateful to the marketing girls for allowing me to have this opportunity... 


3 Comments:
you look JUST a tad bit too happy! hahaha! HOT MAMA next a hottie!!!
So how many people pestered him at Applebee's? And how many second glances did you get? ;)
btw You look great. (can't wait to see baby photos)
hehe...my favorite question of the day was "is this your wife?"
the girls at applebee's waited until we were done eating and then swarmed him-he was sooo nice about it though...
i can't wait either!!!! 58 days and counting-yay! =)
Post a Comment
<< Home