Phil just returned from hunting with my dad in the TC area so we're enjoying relaxing around the house. He left on Friday night, right after he finished setting up the baby furniture. It looks nice and I was looking forward to putting the rest of the room together while Phil was gone. I spent Saturday with a friend from work and on Sunday, I ended up on the couch most of the day with lower back pain. I wasn't sure why it came on all of a sudden, but I knew I didn't like it!
It was all I could do to get through work on Monday and Tuesday, but at my birthing class on Monday night, the nurse told me that they baby could be turned around with his head rubbing against my pelvic bone and sciatic (sp?) nerve, which is what I had surgery on in 2001. She gave me some different positions to try that might help him turn around and this morning, I felt so much better and was able to walk without slouching or keeping my whole lower back stiff. I still feel the sciatic pain, but it's so much more bearable today...
I am so thankful for how this pregnancy is progressing and my lack of difficulties thus far. I feel so fortunate to have had such a positive experience with this first pregnancy and pray that it continues right through the delivery. =) I have a "Clio Shower" this week-end and I'm so looking forward to seeing lots of family from all sides of our family...Whitsels, Packers, Hanels and Bannons and friends. I have a pregnancy massage on Saturday morning that was part of the spa package my softball girls got me, so I'm excited about that.
Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts and advice. Phil and I are anxious, excited, nervous and thrilled as my due date nears and want you to all know how thankful we are to have such wonderful family and friends. Thank you all-we love you!


3 Comments:
The Best Part of the Shower will be Michigan vs. Michigan State! Go Blue!
Indeed! Especially if Phil is to be in a good mood for the rest of the week-end-hehe =)
And Go Tigers!
Post a Comment
<< Home